Ideas and to dos are bouncing around in my head and coming up with a cohesive topic to cover everything I want to tell you about is way beyond my capabilities today. So in the time honored fashion of lazy bloggers everywhere I am resorting to a list.
1. KnitQuest is now a .com! Don’t worry I won’t be making t-shirts or trying to create a business with the sole purpose selling it. I am working on a new website (thanks for all your help hubby!) and as of last night you can save yourself a bit of typing and find the blog at www.knitquest.com (if you really like a bit of extra typing the old address still works too).
2. I’m sending off my last scheduled submission tomorrow. No more secret deadline knitting for at least a little while. Now I can move on to secret Christmas knitting.
3. I’ve got two patterns out to testers (thanks guys!), two patterns being knit, two patterns on a time out, two submissions out the door, and two free patterns just waiting to be written up. Which may be two too many for me to keep it all straight.
4. Unfortunately it is most definitely too many for my shoulder and the ungrateful thing has decided to stage a revolt over it’s unfair working conditions. I have called in the troops (ice packs, the good drugs and physical therapy). Let’s hope the battle is swift and the victory is mine.
5. My romance with my wheel is still going strong. We are getting to know each other and loving every moment we can spend together. I plied, washed and cuddled my first 100g. this weekend. It’s from Ashford, 80% Merino & 20% Silk in color Woodland purchased from Acorn Street Shop.
This is another Merino/Silk blend I picked up at Weaving Works. Sorry no tag so that’s all I know.
6. I’m feeling full on crabby and sad to be missing all the recent fiber events. OFF, Rhinebeck, Stitches East, and now SOAR. Expect some gloating and manic glee when I finally get to leave for the Port Ludlow retreat in November. Less than 3 weeks!
7. There a sweater in my head clamoring to get out.
If I ever want to have a change of getting that sweater out I’d better get back to it!