My whole life seems to be in transition lately. Most of the changes are good, and some are downright awesome, but tackling them all at once has me a bit out of sorts and certainly way off my normal routines. I could babble on for hours about all the happenings around here, but that wouldn’t be very interesting for you and I don’t have the time. Instead I’m going to go with the old blog catch up standby, a list.
1. Sweater club is almost over. I finished the last pattern and sent if off for testing this morning. What do you think of Marmoreal?
2. Todd is now working for IMDB. Yay! Perfect fit for him and obviously we’re pretty darn happy about it. However adjusting to his new, gone all the time, schedule and the much longer commute is a challenge.
3. Sock Summit is ramping up. Big time. I’m in charge of the BMFA booth and then of course there’s the teaching. Only a month to go and it’s time to put my organization skills to the test. Go, go, go!
4. The kids are done with school today. No more homework, weekly activities, and crazy mornings. Yay! No more quiet alone time to concentrate. Oy. Cross your fingers that I can survive the next 10 weeks with my sanity.
5. Moxie is a big dog. We’re finally getting past some of the puppy craziness. She sleeps in her crate fine, has the potty training thing figured out and even listens to a few commands. She’s also grown enough to reach a lot of new temptations (like the kitchen table and my yarn basket) so mostly we’ve transitioned from watching her every second to see if she’s going to pee to watching her to see what she’s going to try to eat.
6. Last and possibly most exciting. I’m knitting something new. Just because I want to. It has no deadline and it’s not a sweater. Good stuff.