Normally I'm not big on New Year's resolutions but this year (since I have extra thinking time) seems to be all about them. Now, I know I'll never manage to keep all of them and in a few months may very well have changed my mind about even wanting to, but I hope by taking the time to write them down and share them I'll at least stick to a few.
Knitting Goals for 2008:
1. Stitch Sampler Blanket (more on this later).
2. Organize my Blog so you can find patterns and links. It's a little embarrassing that I write a blog tech column and can't keep my own blog in order. I plan to tackle one blog housekeeping task a week until spiffiness has been reached.
3. Stick to my previous goal of keeping the FO count down. If you don't remember that means two FO's for every new cast on until the total number of projects is less then 5.
4. Use more of my Stash. No way I could stick to a plan where I didn't buy yarn but I hope to follow similar rules as for FO's. So for 2008 for every project I buy yarn, I must also finish one with yarn from my stash.
5. Learn more about my knitting machine. Try making a fitted garment. Find some online resources. Experiment, experiment, experiment.
6. Get better at recording my failures as well and finished objects. I know I learn as much if not more from my mistakes so, why don't I write them down or blog about them?
7. Start and Complete Vivian Hoxbro's Large Wing Shawl. I purchased the kit for the shawl on my cruise. It's 56" wide and knit on size two needles. If I just keep at it slow and steady it should be doable by next winter. I'm counting on some prodding and encouragement from you all as this is the goal most likely to not succeed.
8. Finally get all my Stash and FO's in Ravelry. No explanation needed. I just need to do it. We actually have a little sun today so I hope to get a head start by taking some stash photos today.
Since I have no new knitting, yarn or sheep photos here's Billy catching snowflakes (she's cuter anyway).
Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!